What to do if I have a small yet noticeable gap in between my front two teeth. Can orthodontic elastics fix the problem?

See an orthodontist. A healthy bite and good looking smile is important at any age. A variety of orthodontic treatments are available today for all ages and all situations (e.g. gaps, overbite, underbite, etc.). Orthodontists are trained three years longer than a general dentist. Call orthodontist for evaluation. Good luck. .
Please don't do this. One misplaced elastic can actually cause your teeth to fall out. Closing space between 2 front teeth opens spaces on the other side of the test, so you're trading 1 space for 2. Please see a qualified Orthodontic Specialist who can determine why you have a space, and the best way to treat it. This isn't a DIY project.
Orthodontist Can. An orthodontist can correct your problem. DIY dentistry rarely if ever works out correctly, and in the end you will spend more time, money, and effort fixing your mistake than you would have if you had a pro treat you in the first place.