What is the statute of limitations regarding "botched" spine orthopedic surgery?

Dr. Ahmad M Hadied
Orthopedic Surgery
In brief: Let me explian
The statute of limitations regarding any surgery is two years from the start of the treatment, unless the patient is a child that goes until the child is 18 years old.
Thanks.

In brief: Let me explian
Thanks.
Dr. Ahmad M Hadied
Dr. Ahmad M Hadied
Dr. Thomas Dowling
Orthopedic Surgery - Spine
In brief: Check with state
Need to check with your state laws and it usually is different for adults v children.

In brief: Check with state
Dr. Thomas Dowling
Dr. Thomas Dowling
Dr. Ahmad M Hadied
I agree with the anwser, I was speaking about MI which I prctice in.
Dr. Peter Ihle
Orthopedic Surgery
In brief: In Wisconsin
I believe the statue of limitations is 3 year's from the date of discovery or 3 years after age 18.

In brief: In Wisconsin
Dr. Peter Ihle
Dr. Peter Ihle
Dr. Ralph Morgan Lewis
In brief: Depends
Generally, the statute of limitations is two years after the injury is discovered.
However, some states—such as florida—have a further restriction:" …unless there is fraud, concealment, or misrepresentation, under no circumstances may a healthcare provider be sued for medical malpractice more than 4 years after the actual incident of malpractice." —>.

In brief: Depends
Dr. Ralph Morgan Lewis
Dr. Ralph Morgan Lewis
2 comments
Dr. Ralph Morgan Lewis
—> http://www.justanswer.com/law/expert-robert-jdfl/
Dr. Ronald Holzman
Best is to check with a local medical malpractice attorney. Statute of limitations do vary per state. For example New York has a statute of limitations of 2 1/2 years, and As correctly said Florida has a statute of two years. There are exceptions which will extend the statute In some states, therefore it is best to consult with a medical malpractice attorney to get a complete and accurate evaluation as to the statute of limitations.
Dr. Warren Strudwick
Board Certified, Sports Medicine