Oral surgery and oral piercing?

Not good idea. Having oral surgery with an oral piercing in place is not a good idea. These things act like little wrecking balls in the mouth and can chip away teeth at an alarming rate. Your surgeon is likely to ask you to remove the oral piercing prior to the procedure.
Oral surgery. If you have a piercing and wondering if you should keep it while having a procedure the answer would be no. A tongue piecing for example could get dislodged and displaced to your lungs.
Remove. Oral piercing should be removed prior to surgery so it is not dislodged and swallowed during prodecure.