What should I do if my baby wants to be held constantly?

In brief: Depends on the age

Newborns need to be held.
Up to a couple months of age, a baby only understadns if his needs can be met. Hold him all you can, but allow him always to learn to fall asleep by himself by placing him in his crib when sleepy. After this period s he becomes more interested in the world around him, play with him while he is on his mat or chair so he does not expect to be held all the time.

In brief: Depends on the age

Newborns need to be held.
Dr. Josephine Ruiz-Healy
Dr. Josephine Ruiz-Healy
Dr. Mark Diamond

In brief: It Depends

I do believe newborns can be spoiled.
Thus it depends upon the baby's needs.A baby who is fed, burped, clean and otherwise comfortable enough to fall asleep is put down.Instantly they awaken only to fall asleep as soon as they are held.I generally put these rascals down and let them learn to self soothe ( fuss a bit). Why? Most parents who hold their babies" all the time " are stressed. Not good.

In brief: It Depends

I do believe newborns can be spoiled.
Dr. Mark Diamond
Dr. Mark Diamond
Dr. Javad Deganian

In brief: Separation anxiety

This is called separation anxiety.
Babies should not be held all the time.

In brief: Separation anxiety

This is called separation anxiety.
Babies should not be held all the time.
Dr. Javad Deganian
Dr. Javad Deganian
Dr. Craig Collison

In brief: Hold the baby

I believe that babies cannot be spoiled in the first few months of life.
I encourage parents to meet their needs however they can until they reach about 4 months of age. At that point, the infants need to learn how to self-soothe.

In brief: Hold the baby

Dr. Craig Collison
Dr. Craig Collison
Dr. Shontae Buffington