Can indigestion/acid reflux cause chest tightness & feeling like I cant take a deep breath? Peak flow normal not DX w asthma had normal EKG/stethoscop

Dr. Jay Kashkin
Internal Medicine - Allergy & Immunology

In brief: Very much so

I can tell you from both a professional and personal standpoint that acid reflux can be and is responsible for chest tightness, a sensation that a satisfying breath cannot be taken and is a very under diagnosed cause of cough and even sinus disease.
It is very commonly mistaken for a heart attack or asthma and can significantly interfere with sleep and voice quality if acid hits vocal cords.

In brief: Very much so

Dr. Jay Kashkin
Dr. Jay Kashkin
Dr. Tonga Nfor
Board Certified, Internal Medicine - Cardiology