Acne medication reaction?

ACNE RX REACTION. Acne treated with retin a (tretinoin) when exposed to light can cause photosensitivity reactions. Tetracycline when given below age 17 causes teeth discoloration . Other rx gives you irritation and erythema of face.
Oral or topical? Oral medications for acne range from antibiotics to "accutane". Many antibiotics for this can cause photosensitive reactions (stay out of the sun).Accutane has serious side effects if taken by women who are pregnant or plan pregnancy while on treatment.