Sudden loss of peripheral vision in left eye followed by headache.?

Migraine is likely. If this was short term, it is probably an occipital migraine. If longer lasting it might be a stroke. You should seek your ophthalmologist the first time this happens to rule out something serious.
Possible migraine. The loss of peripheral vision prior to a headache may be a migraine with aura, the aura may be the vision changes. This should be evaluated by a neurologist to make sure there is no other medical problem. The neurologist can also offer treatment options that will help.