I fractured my 2nd metatarsal and had cast off 3 days ago. My foot seems very swollen and I can feel a lump where the break was, should I worry? How long can it be like this, very painful when walking

In brief: Fractured bone

After wearing a cast for a fracture, there is a lump of bone called a bone callus that can sometimes be felt overlying the fracture.
Your Orthopedist or Podiatrist should discuss with you post fracture Physiotherapy to help reduce the pain and swelling.

In brief: Fractured bone

Dr. Corinne Kauderer
Dr. Corinne Kauderer
Dr. James Rochester

In brief: Fracture care

Lump and pain pretty normal.
When do you start therapy? Keep you follow up appointments and call your provider if things worsen. Hope this helps. Good luck.

In brief: Fracture care

Lump and pain pretty normal.
Dr. James Rochester
Dr. James Rochester
Dr. Arnon Rubin