If I think I may be at risk for pancreatic cancer, what should I do?

Dr. Anthony Back
Internal Medicine - Oncology
In brief: Depends
There are rare families with hereditary pancreas cancer--if you are in one of those you should find a clinic that specifically addresses them--2 i know are at johns hopkins and the university of washington/seattle cancer care alliance.

In brief: Depends
Dr. Anthony Back
Dr. Anthony Back
Dr. Carlo Contreras
Surgery - Oncology
In brief: Discuss with your MD
Write down why you think you are at risk for pancreatic cancer, and meet with your doctor. Before, talk to your family members and write down all relatives who have been diagnosed with cancer and at what age they were diagnosed.
Be sure to share any symptoms you are having with your md. Pancreatic cancer is very rare and difficult to diagnose; unfortunately there is not a good screening test.

In brief: Discuss with your MD
Dr. Carlo Contreras
Dr. Carlo Contreras