I have had 11 teeth removed and an immediate denture put in but I cannot remove it?

Dr. John Thaler
Dentistry - Prosthodontics

In brief: Not 1st day

Dentist should have you back the next day to remove it, adjust it and check the extraction sites.
You leave it in to help reduce swelling and protect the extraction sites. I see my patients the next day and 2 days after that and the next week and the next week. In between if needed. Very important to adjust quickly early on.

In brief: Not 1st day

Dr. John Thaler
Dr. John Thaler
Dr. Ronald Achong
Surgery - Oral & Maxillofacial

In brief: See your doctor

You may want to visit your doctor and have them instruct you on how to remove and re-insert the denture.
Sometimes your doctor will adjust the denture.

In brief: See your doctor

Dr. Ronald Achong
Dr. Ronald Achong

In brief: Timing

If it has not been 24 hours, I would not try and remove it.
If more than 24 hours, I would call the oral surgery/dental office and ask since they are aware of the surgery that you had done.

In brief: Timing

Dr. Jeffrey Bassman
Dr. Jeffrey Bassman
Dr. Robert Tupac
Dentistry - Prosthodontics

In brief: See your dentist

It is removable, and your dentist will help you learn how to do it yourself.

In brief: See your dentist

Dr. Robert Tupac
Dr. Robert Tupac
Dr. Thomas Davis
Dentistry

In brief: Post surgery

You should see your dentist that made the denture for a adjustment as soon as possible.
I usually see my patients the next day after the surgery.

In brief: Post surgery

Dr. Thomas Davis
Dr. Thomas Davis
Dr. Daniel Quon
Surgery - Oral & Maxillofacial

In brief: Extractions when?

When were the extractions performed? When you say you cannot remove your immediate denture, is this because your dentist advised you not to, or you physically cannot remove it because of pain, or a tight fitting denture?

In brief: Extractions when?

Dr. Daniel Quon
Dr. Daniel Quon
Dr. Jonathan Jassey