Can a Doctor of Osteopathy be considered as my primary care doctor, family doctor, or as an internist? Do they prescribe HTN medications, as necessary?

Yes. Doctors of Osteopathy (D.O.) are not limited to D.O. residencies, and can train alongside allopathic physicians (M.D.) in allopathic residency programs. There has been a convergence in philosophies over the years, and the differences between a D.O and an M.D. have become much more subtle.
Doctors ofOsteopathy. I am a Doctor of Osteopathy (a DO) and YES we can serve as a primary care doctor. Our emphasis in osteopathic medical school is on primary care (Family Practice, Internal Medicine, Pediatrics), whereas most MD's tend to specialize. Yes we can RX HTN meds as necessary. For more information about us, go to: www.aoa-net.org.
Yes. Both DOs and MDs are fully qualified physicians licensed to prescribe medication and perform surgery. .