Can I have facelift at 60 with a full recovery?

Dr. J. Lawrence Dohan
Dermatology

In brief: Of course

Then you will look like a 60 year old person who had her face stretched.
Except you will be out about $10,000. Some people really benefit. Be sure you really need it.

In brief: Of course

Dr. J. Lawrence Dohan
Dr. J. Lawrence Dohan
Dr. John Hoffmann
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: Usually yes

A facelift can be done at almost any age as long as you are in good overall health.
People who smoke or have other medical problems are often not good candidates for a facelift. Many people in their 60s have aging face surgery with excellent results.

In brief: Usually yes

Dr. John Hoffmann
Dr. John Hoffmann
Dr. Barry Press
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: Absolutely

The average age of my facelift patients is about 53, but the youngest I have done was 42 and the oldest 85.
Recovery from a facelift takes 10-14 days until you will feel presentable to others, but your face will not feel like it belongs to you for 2-3 months: it will feel stiff and will be numb in the areas where the skin is lifted. Age alone does not influence facelift recovery.

In brief: Absolutely

Dr. Barry Press
Dr. Barry Press
Dr. Suzanne Galli
Facial Plastic Surgery

In brief: Facelift

a facelift is a safe procedure in experienced hands.
Your best bet would be to have your face evaluated by a board certified facial plastic surgeon.

In brief: Facelift

Dr. Suzanne Galli
Dr. Suzanne Galli
Dr. J David Holcomb
Facial Plastic Surgery

Age demographics may vary a bit among practices across the country.
In general facelift surgery spans from early 40's to middle 80's and is routinely done at age 60. Chronological age is not necessarily predictive of healing. Individuals who are in good health (e.g. Non-smoker with normal immune system, normal heart, lung and thyroid function and good nutrition status) typically heal well.

Dr. J David Holcomb
Dr. J David Holcomb
Dr. Jason Hall
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: Certainly

Age isn't the culprit when it comes to problems after surgery - it's the medical problems and "baggage" (smoking, sun damaged skin) that come with it that you and your surgeon need to take a good look at when planning your surgery.

In brief: Certainly

Dr. Jason Hall
Dr. Jason Hall
Dr. David Sherris
Facial Plastic Surgery

If you are healthy 60 is a common age to have a facelift.
Best wishes!

Best wishes!
Dr. David Sherris
Dr. David Sherris
Dr. Jeffrey Roth
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: Yes, Depends on you.

Age itself is less of a factor as opposed to how healthy you are.
Hypertension, diabetes, heart trouble can all effect surgery. You may need to see your primary care physician before being cleared for surgery. Many people your age get surgery and have a great recovery.

In brief: Yes, Depends on you.

Dr. Jeffrey Roth
Dr. Jeffrey Roth
Dr. Bryan McIntosh
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: Sure!

A facelift at the age of 60 is fine, assuming you are otherwise in excellent health and shape.
Recovery should not be a great concern if you're healthy.

In brief: Sure!

Dr. Bryan McIntosh
Dr. Bryan McIntosh
Dr. Alan Durkin
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: Absolutely!!

Very common.
I have done facelifts in patients over 80 years of age safely, and without complication. Age is not a mitigating factor for facelifts.

In brief: Absolutely!!

Very common.
Dr. Alan Durkin
Dr. Alan Durkin
Dr. Otto Placik
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: After full exam, yes

If you are in good health, you may be an excellent candidate for a facelift with full recovery.
Be prepares for other suggestions such as eye lifts or forehead lifts or fat injections or resurfacing, etc.

In brief: After full exam, yes

Dr. Otto Placik
Dr. Otto Placik