My Wife 41 years old has had a history of migraines prior to the birth of our daughter almost 4 years. 72 hrs pain and ringing in ears how to rx?

Dr. Aimee Barton

In brief: A drug cocktail

My favorite cocktail of drugs to use for migraine that is prolonged is IV toradol, with IV Reglan (metoclopramide) and IV decadron.
The toradol helps with the actual pain, Reglan (metoclopramide) works in the central nervous system and helps to break the migraine, and Decadron works on the inflammation of the vessels.

In brief: A drug cocktail

Dr. Aimee Barton
Dr. Aimee Barton
Dr. Paul Grin
Pain Management

In brief: See a specialist

There are many good medications for migraine treatment.
Migraine is a serious and complex neurologic disorder. Today effective management of migraine involves three specific strategies: 1) patient education 2) non-pharmacological management (diet, sleep hygiene, acupuncture) and 3) pharmacological (triptans, topamax, (topiramate) etc) management. Rec.:see orofacial pain or headache specialist. Hope it helps.

In brief: See a specialist

Dr. Paul Grin
Dr. Paul Grin
Dr. Jonathan Jassey