Is there a risk that the liver biopsy might cause the cancer to spread?

Yes. Any type of biopsy has the potential to increase the spread of cancer. The risk appears to be small, but is a consideration to take into account.
Yes. Althought the risk is low it certain has been reported where cancers has spread in the biopsy tract. Not all liver cancers require biopsy. If the alpha-fetoprotein is greater than 250 it is likely liver cancer. Also many liver cancers have a classic pattern on MRI or triple phase ct where it shows up on the arterial phase.
No. There is no evidence that biopsy increases the risk of other metastases of cancer. On the contrary, knowing exactly what kind of cancer (if any) the patient has is essential for its proper management.
No. Though this has been demonstrated with head and neck cancers, i don't believe the literature has demonstrated spread of liver cancer by biopsy.
Yes. It is reported but luckily a rare event. Many times a liver biopsy is not necessary to diagnose liver cancer and imaging of the liver is enough to make the diagnosis.