What are ways to control irritable bowel syndrome?

Dr. Barbara Hummel
In brief: Irritable bowel
The first thing i recommend is a high fiber diet and fiber supplements daily.
I always caution my patients to make sure that they drink at least 10 ounces of water if they use the chewable fiber supplements. Wheat germ is a great alternative and can be purchased in most grocery stores.

In brief: Irritable bowel
Dr. Barbara Hummel
Dr. Barbara Hummel
Dr. Michael Rothman
In brief: Metabolic treatment
Irritable bowel syndrome is the multifactorial consequence of hormonal, immune system and nervous system dysfunction resulting from genetic predispositions and dietary and environmental insults.
The predominant symptoms like diarrhea cramps constipation are the result of autonomic nervous system instability. Pts like you may benefit from a metabolically directed approach check out mdwellnessmd.Com.

In brief: Metabolic treatment
Dr. Michael Rothman
Dr. Michael Rothman
Dr. Vicken Poochikian