I suffer from high blood pressure so what would be a good and safe workout?

Dr. Bac Nguyen

In brief: Any exercises u can

You can do virtually any exercises you are physically able to do once your blood pressure is adequately controlled.
Combination of weight-bearing and aerobic excercises offer better results than either alone, so if you can do both, then do both, do them all...If u are of advanced age and want to be extra safe, consult doc for possible exercise-test etc...Stay well/healthy..Good luck..

In brief: Any exercises u can

Dr. Bac Nguyen
Dr. Bac Nguyen
Dr. William Lizarraga

In brief: Goal Heart Rate

I would start "low and go slow".
Begin with something you can do, then gradually increase the time you can do it and the intensity. The goal would be to get to 150 minutes a week of cardiovascular activity. This is where your heart rate is 220-age * 0.85 (for a 50 year old, around 145 bpm.

In brief: Goal Heart Rate

I would start "low and go slow".
Dr. William Lizarraga
Dr. William Lizarraga
Dr. Tonga Nfor
Board Certified, Internal Medicine - Cardiology