I need information about fertility treatments like IVF and birth defects?

Birth defects & ART. Conventional ivf has not been convincingly linked to birth defects worldwide. There's some evidence linking micro-injection of sperm (ivf/icsi) to a possible slight increase in birth defects (2% or so;) this has not been proven conclusively, and is still being investigated. If an increased risk really does exist, it is a small one.
IVFsuccess. Ivf has pregnancy rates that range from 40-60% pregnancy rate per cycle depending on wife age and any male factor need for icsi. Multiple studies appear to indicate birth defect rates of 6% for ivf pregnancies versus approximately 3 % of natural pregnancies. Please check with your own doctor for exact statistics and always check the husband for cause of an abnormal semen analysis.