What are some common causes of bone pain in cold weather that is not related to arthritis?

Dr. Qamar Khan
Pain Management
In brief: Raynaud's
is a disease in which pain can occur during cold weather or winter. Although not typically associated with bone pain it does cause the local bold supply to thin out result pain due to the lack of that blood supply.

In brief: Raynaud's
Dr. Qamar Khan
Dr. Qamar Khan
Dr. John Goldman
Internal Medicine - Rheumatology
In brief: Soft tissues
I call this the barometer sign.
Change in weather symptoms can occur with the increase in the humdity and drop of barometric pressure. This may cause pain in the joints, in the bursas, in the tendons. Most of this pain you inquire about is in these soft tissues.

In brief: Soft tissues
I call this the barometer sign.
Dr. John Goldman
Dr. John Goldman
Dr. Ernie Ordonez
Bariatrics
In brief: Inactivity
Muscle stiffness is the most common cause.
If your bone pain is localized and pressing the area/areas is tender, definitely inflammation is the cause.

In brief: Inactivity
Dr. Ernie Ordonez
Dr. Ernie Ordonez
Dr. Jay Rosenfeld
Physical & Rehabilitation Medicine
In brief: Not sure
That's a tough one.
I am not really sure. If you are having pain only when it is cold and not when it is warmer, it is probably arthritic but as to other causes, there is a condition that I have never seen but we learned about in med school called cold cryoglobulinemia which is an inherited condition in which proteins in your blood become thicker in the cold and can cause pain. Unusual though.

In brief: Not sure
That's a tough one.
Dr. Jay Rosenfeld
Dr. Jay Rosenfeld
Dr. Warren Strudwick
Board Certified, Sports Medicine