I am at hospital with Epstein-Bar virus, should I ask for vitamin C infusion?

Mono treatment . Infectious mononucleosis or "mono" is a viral infection caused by Epstein Barr virus or EBV. I like to know with certainty what is the cause of a pt's symptoms so hopefully your docs nailed it with an EBV panel. Treatment only requires hospitalization if severe-- part of that may include antiviral medicines like Acyclovir because EBV is a herpes group virus. Vit C won't help unless ur diet is poor.
YES! IV Vit C may be the best way to treat most serious viral infections. A recent study showed significant improvement in 32 of 35 people with EBV infection. Vit C is an incredibly safe and affordable treatment to try. I can't think of any good reason not to do this yet your doctors may not do it because it is not yet done routinely. See http://www.prohealth.com/library/showarticle.cfm?libid=18980.