What to do if I do not like milk or cheese they make me throw up, I don't think I could get enough calcium from yogurt etc do calcium supplements actually work?

Dr. Thomas Knecht
Internal Medicine - Endocrinology

In brief: Yes, they work

Hi. If calcium supplements are the only way you get calcium into your body, then yes, they work fine! Be sure to get enough vitamin D (2,000 IU per day or more, depending on several things); that will help you absorb the calcium. Better to take the calcium supplements in several different doses throughout the day; absorbs better that way.

In brief: Yes, they work

Dr. Thomas Knecht
Dr. Thomas Knecht
Dr. Adam Smith