I have a 6 month old baby and I think he is getting a head cold. Can I put some Vicks in a vaporizer?

In brief: I never use it

I find any scented material is more of an air pollutant in small kids than helpful.
There airways are different than adults and often become more congested and or drain more when fragrances are used. I basically never recommend it .I can remember the stinky stuff my mom used when I was young, and still hate the smell.

In brief: I never use it

Dr. Colin Kerr

In brief: Vaporizer for babies

Cool mist humidifiers are ok for babies.
It is not generally safe to use the old steam mist humidifiers. Putting a little vicks into will be fine. If the mucous gets too thick in his/her nose, suck it out. The mist will help keep the respiratory passages from getting dried out and may soothe cough a little.

In brief: Vaporizer for babies

Dr. Colin Kerr
Dr. Colin Kerr
Dr. Cindy Juster