After I ate breakfast this morning, my throat and inside my ears got really itchy and the back of my tongue had bumps on it. Allergies or food allergy?

Dr. Danny Westmoreland

In brief: Unsure

Did you eat anything unusual? If you think you may have had an allergic event you should carefully list all you consumed and look at the ingredients.
Better to do it now than to have a very bad event in the future.

In brief: Unsure

Dr. Danny Westmoreland
Dr. Danny Westmoreland
Dr. Luis Matos
Avocado can cross react with other allergies. Most commonly Latex allergy. itchy mouth and itchy throat can happen when eating fresh fruits if you have other pollen allergies.
Dr. Martin Ostro
Internal Medicine - Allergy & Immunology

In brief: Food allergy

Inhalant allergy to polllen usually causes nasal symptoms and itchy eyes.
Food allergy more likely to cause itchy ears and throat. Make detailed list of all food/drink consumed in 2-3 hours before onset of symptoms. Avoid those foods and consult an allergist.

In brief: Food allergy

Dr. Martin Ostro
Dr. Martin Ostro
Dr. Robert Ramirez

In brief: Depends

This will require an evaluation by an allergist.
They would ask you many questions like: -what are your typical nasal allergy symptoms? -what did you eat? -how soon after eating did this happen? -how long did it last? -did you take anything to treat this, and did it work? How long did it take? -etc. On the little info i get from the question, i'd be very suspicious of a food allergy.

In brief: Depends

Dr. Robert Ramirez
Dr. Robert Ramirez
Dr. Adam Smith