Hello, im 33 years old and I have been trying to have a child for 5 months now to no avail. Is there any problem with me?

Dr. Gerard Honore
Fertility Medicine
In brief: Likely not
About 85% of normal couples may take up to a year to conceive, so you are well within normal at 5 months.
For women over age 36 we now suggest fertility evaluation after 6 unsuccesful months, but at 33 Y.O. That is more aggressive than you need be. Most doctors, particularly fertility specialists, are glad to help you at any point though.

In brief: Likely not
Dr. Gerard Honore
Dr. Gerard Honore
Dr. Kitturah Schomberg-Klaiss
I reccomend the book "Taking Charge of Your Fertility" by Toni Weschler, to all my patients trying to concieve. She has very good advice.
Allison Greco
General Practice
In brief: Not yet
Most ob/gyn's and fertility specialists will not perform an infertility work up or prescribe any treatment unless you have not conceived after 12 months of unprotected intercourse.
In most cases, time is the best medicine and most couples do conceive without any medical intervention.

In brief: Not yet
Allison Greco
Allison Greco
Answer assisted by Allison Greco, Medical Student
Dr. Adam Levy