What are the typical drugs for a cronic diareahha caused by a functional gastro desease. Doc prescribed pantoprazol (panogastin).Been 1month, no relief?

Dr. Colin Kerr

In brief: Chronic diarrhea

To successfully treat chronic diarrhea you need to find the cause.
Pantoprazole is not a treatment for diarrhea, and, in fact, this drug can cause diarrhea. I would recommend at the very least an xray of your abdomen to look at the amount of stool in your colon; if you have chronic diarrhea, there shouldn't be much. It there is a lot, then you probably have overflow diarrhea, which needs a laxativ.

In brief: Chronic diarrhea

Dr. Colin Kerr
Dr. Colin Kerr
Dr. Peter Kurzweil