What importance, if any, is there in eating meat, especially for children?

Dr. Mandakini Patel

In brief: Kids& meat in diet

Meat is a part of soem family's daily diet, & there are plenty of vegetarians who raise thiei kids wihtout meat.
Meat is not essential, it is a good source of protein but it is important that the child eat an overall balanced diet that includes fruits, vegetables and healthy snacks low in saturated fat. Meat has saturated fatsand I have seen some kids eat nothing but meat and this is not healthy.

In brief: Kids& meat in diet

Dr. Mandakini Patel
Dr. Mandakini Patel
Dr. Alfredo Garcia

In brief: Meat

Eating lean meat is a good source of protein, fiber and iron.
Since most meats have a good amount of fat in them, it is sometimes not recommended because of its saturated fat content that risks elevating the bad or LDL cholesterol.

In brief: Meat

Dr. Alfredo Garcia
Dr. Alfredo Garcia
Dr. Nela Cordero

In brief: MEAT

Meat is protein needed by kids for growing up, building strong bones.

In brief: MEAT

Dr. Nela Cordero
Dr. Nela Cordero