My pregnant daughter and her fiance have the cystic fibrosis gene. What tests are done to check the baby?

Pre/post delivery ? All states have some form of newborn screening and some include CF testing as part of that panel.Check your state to be sure. They can do gene studies on fetal cells that can be found in mom's blood as early as 8 weeks into pregnancy.This testing was initially designed to verify paternity but can be used to diagnose or exclude a number of conditions in the fetus.Ask the doc for guidance.
Newborn screening. Newborn screening for cystic fibrosis is now standard in all states in the usa. A positive newborn screen for cystic fibrosis is verified by sweat testing or genetic studies (mutation analysis for cf). Approximately 90% of the infants identified by newborn screening will by carriers of the CF gene and only 10% of the infants will have CF with a positive sweat or genetic test.