My daughter is 18 months but she is still very picky and eating only 2-3 foods. Does she have to have variety at her age?

Pathology

In brief: Good to have it

Many children are picky eaters and parents need to be patient and offer the desired foods multiple times at varying intervals and allow the child to get familiar with the varied diet.
It is important to introduce a child to a varied well balanced diet.

In brief: Good to have it

Dr. Thomas Namey
Internal Medicine - Rheumatology

In brief: SHE SHOULD.

Even picky eaters can have adequate nutrition, although it is much harder. Limit some of her favorites, and find substitute that are not totally dissimilar in tastes.
Protein intake, very important. I hope her favorites are not potatoes, noodles, and fruit juices. Remember, you can always "hide" nutritious foods in a casserole type dish. Good luck! a pediatric mutlivitamin should be given to.

In brief: SHE SHOULD.

Dr. Thomas Namey
Dr. Thomas Namey
Dr. Jonathan Jassey