Is there a good over-the-counter treatment for child canker sores?

Dr. Arthur Hoffman

In brief: No, I mean NO

Acyclovir is wonderful in adults.
Please consult your pediatrician for dosage. Can we talk? My concern is how in the h did a child get infected? Is there something more serious involved? I worry, do you ? I do hope this was caught innocently, ok?Good.

In brief: No, I mean NO

Acyclovir is wonderful in adults.
Dr. Arthur Hoffman
Dr. Arthur Hoffman
Dr. Robert Mokbel
Dentistry

In brief: Honey

A recent study comparing Honey with corticosteroids and Orabase found that Honey produced a,dramatic reduction in the size of the aphthous lesions and reduced the pain faster Essentially the lesions healed much faster. Honey is easier to apply then corticosteroids and has none of the side effects .
Read this article by Eric T. Stoopler. A Natural Remedy for Canker Sores? Medscape. Oct 16, 2014.

In brief: Honey

Dr. Robert Mokbel
Dr. Robert Mokbel
Dr. Shontae Buffington