What to do if I had a mammo ultrasound fine needle aperation now they want me to have a ultrasound guided biopsy I'm scre?

Dr. Michael Gabor
Diagnostic Radiology

In brief: Biopsy

The fine needle aspiration may have been indeterminate.
The core biopsy will provide a better specimen for the pathologist to examine. If the fine needle showed a cancer, you would be going for surgical excision.

In brief: Biopsy

Dr. Michael Gabor
Dr. Michael Gabor
Dr. Myron Arlen
Surgery - Oncology

In brief: Biopsy needed

When an ultrasound biopsy suggests possible pathiology then an guided excision is necessary.
This is a lumpectomy carried out when a site needing excision cant be palplated. An ultrasound guided insertion of a wire to the site of aspiration is performed and a wide excision hopefully 1 cm around the lesion should be performed. If adequate, then even a malignant lesion can be cured.

In brief: Biopsy needed

Dr. Myron Arlen
Dr. Myron Arlen
Dr. Dennis Higginbotham