If the father of a baby is partially deaf, what are the chances of his baby being deaf?

Dr. David Astrachan
ENT - Head & Neck Surgery
In brief: Depends
It depends a lot on the type of deafness that the father has.
Some deafness is hereditary sometimes dominant sometimes recessive. I would strongly recommend that you discussed this with the child's pediatrician and they can recommend a genetic counselor.

In brief: Depends
Dr. David Astrachan
Dr. David Astrachan
Dr. Gregory Mosolf
In brief: Depends
It depends on the type of partial deafness the father has.
Many types of deafness are inherited. Hearing loss is the most common inherited genetic defect. Recommend consultation with a geneticist to determine risk to baby. All babies are tested for hearing loss at birth. If there is a family history of hearing loss then regularly testing is advised.

In brief: Depends
Dr. Gregory Mosolf
Dr. Gregory Mosolf
Dr. Shontae Buffington