I have tricuspid atresia. Can I safely have a baby?

Dr. David Malpass
Pediatrics - Cardiology
In brief: Maybe
This question would be best answered by a cardiologist with expertise in adults with congenital heart disease.
Many women with ta have had successful pregnancies. It depends on how well your heart is functioning, what medications you are taking, the presence of abnormal heart rhythms, and the presence of other health problems. Your age is also a factor. Discuss with your cardiologist.

In brief: Maybe
Dr. David Malpass
Dr. David Malpass
Dr. Marilynn Frederiksen
Obstetrics & Gynecology - Maternal Fetal Medicine
In brief: Tricuspid atresia
The best way to evaluate your risks for pregnancy is seeing a cardiologist for a heart evaluation.
With a cardiologist's evaluation in hand then consult with a high risk specialist.

In brief: Tricuspid atresia
Dr. Marilynn Frederiksen
Dr. Marilynn Frederiksen
Dr. Jonathan Jassey