I am pregnant, and my heart skips beats and my pulse also goes very fast. Is this dangerous for the baby?

Dr. Pam Yoder
Obstetrics & Gynecology - Maternal Fetal Medicine

In brief: OB, Cardiology check

The heart rate tends to be higher in pregnancy.
Skipping beats is due to many conditions or medications. Most pregnant women have been advised to avoid toxins like nicotine and limit their caffeine, which can raise the pulse rate. Heart eval. Might be needed. Effects on the fetus are difficult to determine without knowing extent and duration of increased hr, heart exam, fetal testing results, etc.

In brief: OB, Cardiology check

Dr. Pam Yoder
Dr. Pam Yoder
Dr. Guy VanDell

In brief: Maybe

Stress, caffiene and nicotine can cause this but you probably should let your doctor know about this.

In brief: Maybe

Dr. Guy VanDell
Dr. Guy VanDell
Dr. Shontae Buffington