How to increase hemoglobin of a 1st grader child from 9g/dl to normal level of 12g/dl?

Dr. Barry Bergman
In brief: Usually iron
The most common anemia in children is iron deficiency, so usually giving enough iron can correct the anemia over time.
I would talk with your pediatrician to find out the proper dosage and for how long to give and have your childs blood checked again.

In brief: Usually iron
Dr. Barry Bergman
Dr. Barry Bergman
In brief: Depends on cause
For most this is due to iron deficiency and a diet rich in iron containing foods or an over the counter iron supplement can help.
If the kid has a genetic defect in blood production called alpha thalassemia, no amount of added iron is likely to "normalize" the level, because this level is often normal for those kids,

In brief: Depends on cause
Dr. Shontae Buffington