I get really dizzy & my vision goes white (can't see), usually when I stand up. Sometimes my knees buckle, I collapse. Usually only for 10~20 secs. Y?

Dr. Lakhminder Sandhu
General Practice

In brief: Postural hypotension

Feeling lightheaded on standing , having blurry vision and collapsing is most like drop in blood pressure , called postural hypotension.
In most cases it does not indicate anything sinister but falls secondary to it can cause injury . Certain blood pressure medications, dehydration due to diarrhoea, vomiting can also result in postural hypotension. See Gp for review if symptoms occur regularly.

In brief: Postural hypotension

Dr. Lakhminder Sandhu
Dr. Lakhminder Sandhu

In brief: Orthostasis

This is a phenomenon called orthostasis.
It is very common and usually related to blood volume status. The reason you are having this is the unclear part and what a doctor can help you with. Try doing 5 toe raises when you feel the symptoms to raise your blood pressure

In brief: Orthostasis

Dr. Richard Jackson
Dr. Richard Jackson
Dr. Eric Weisman