Can a puppy give my baby allergies or asthma?

Dr. Yash Khanna
In brief: PUPPY&ALLERGY-ASTHMA
Yes he can if the baby is allergic to the dog.
But it does take some time to develop allergy.You have to be exposed to the dog and than your body makes the IgG antibodies and that in turns give you the symptoms of allergy or asthma.

In brief: PUPPY&ALLERGY-ASTHMA
Dr. Yash Khanna
Dr. Yash Khanna
In brief: Promote symptoms ?
If anything you transferred the genetic tendency toward allergies or asthma, not the puppy.
Small infants have an immature immune system and are unlikely to be reacting to dog dander when young. There issues are more mechanical, reacting to particles of dust, fragrance, fumes, smoke, etc. Pets are optional in life, but I wouldn't automatically consider them the culprit for symptoms.

In brief: Promote symptoms ?
Dr. David Shulan
Internal Medicine - Allergy & Immunology
In brief: It may protect
The medical community have done some flip flops on this topic.
We previously recommended avoiding exposure. There has been some recent evidence that early exposure may make one less likely to develop allergies to the pet. If a sensitivity develops, then avoiding exposure is needed.

In brief: It may protect
Dr. David Shulan
Dr. David Shulan
Dr. Jonathan Jassey