IIf I use minoxidil along with iron tabs to speed up the process, is it ok to stop minox after hair growth (iron deficiency)??

Dr. Martin Rubenstein
Internal Medicine - Hematology & Oncology

In brief: Yes.

If you have hair thinning or hair that is brittle, from iron deficiency, then taking iron and correcting the deficiency should return you to normal.
I may take a number of weeks for the hair to come back to normal, given the rate at which hair grows, but in the end, it should be normal. Any benefit that Minoxidil adds should pale in comparison to what iron will do, and can be stopped w/o concern

In brief: Yes.

Dr. Martin Rubenstein
Dr. Martin Rubenstein