I was diagnosed with hypogonadotrophic hypogonadism 8 years ago. I discontinued the meds because of adverse effects. What's the best med for it?

Since I. don't know what medication you discontinued or for what reasons, it's impossible to say. Generally, however, a testosterone gel, titrated to the proper dose, is the most recommended therapy. Discuss w/your doctor.