If I don't see a reaction when I use a stool blood test card, how can tell if the test is negative or if it's defective?

Dr. Emily Szewczyk
In brief: Ask your physician
After you collect the sample, you must send it back to your physician.
There is a solution that is placed on the back of the card to make the color change happen. A small blue circle (control) will appear at the bottom of the test area. If this is the only color change present on the card, the test is negative and valid.

In brief: Ask your physician
Dr. Emily Szewczyk
Dr. Emily Szewczyk
Dr. Foster Carr
General Practice
In brief: View control results
Most occult stool blood tests have a control spot on the paper that turns color (usually blue) .
If the control turns color but the stool sample under the paper does not then your test is negative. If the control spot does not turn color then your test paper or solution is not working properly.

In brief: View control results
Dr. Foster Carr
Dr. Foster Carr
Dr. Arnon Rubin