I have webbed toes and i'm very self comcious about them. Should I get them split?

Dr. Ellen Wenzel
Podiatry

In brief: Depends

There are always risks associated with surgery and many times, webbed toes or syndactyly is cosmetic.
There are several procedures to address this and if you are really concerned about this, consult with a foot and ankle surgeon (podiatrist or foot/ankle orthopedist) that is board certified to discuss your options.

In brief: Depends

Dr. Ellen Wenzel
Dr. Ellen Wenzel
Dr. Jeffrey Kass
Podiatry

In brief: Don't be

You can have the surgery, but there is always a possibility of surgical complication or extended discomfort.
Some societies view this as a noble trait.

In brief: Don't be

Dr. Jeffrey Kass
Dr. Jeffrey Kass
Dr. Payam Rafat
Podiatry

In brief: Depends

If it is causing you any pain or discomfort, you should consideer surgical management.
If not, leave it alone.

In brief: Depends

If not, leave it alone.
Dr. Payam Rafat
Dr. Payam Rafat
Dr. Marsha Davis