Had hysterectomy 6 weeks ago. During exam found out I have a ruptured cyst, how long does the pain last & is it normal to have pain in thighs as well?

Dr. Wayne Ingram

In brief: Ruptured cyst

I am assuming this is a ruptured ovarian cyst from an ovary(s) that were left post hysterectomy.
The fluid from the cyst can irritate the peritoneum (lining of the inside body cavity) that can cause pelvic pain. Radiating nerve pain to the tops of the thighs have also been know to occur but is short lived. Have your GYN MD do a pelvic ultrasound to see if the cyst is still there or something else.

In brief: Ruptured cyst

Dr. Adam Levy