Two weeks ago I felt pain below left knee and saw an unexplained bruise later. No injury. Bruise has faded a lot but painful lump still there. Ideas?

Dr. Marcie Berman
Clinical Psychology

In brief: Check it out

It is not unusual to bump yourself and not remember or notice until you see a bruise or feel pain.
I have had this experience from exercise, or even house cleaning if I am not paying attention. Since the bruise has faded, you. Ignt give it a bit more time to watch for improvement. Try to recall when it happened. If it is still bothering you or gets worse again, go see your PCP.

In brief: Check it out

Dr. Marcie Berman
Dr. Marcie Berman