Cut thumb in kitchen using apple dicer. It looks semi deep but together. I put hydrogen per. Neosp. gauze. Do I need stitches? Bleeding under control

Dr. Sheila Calderon

In brief: Probably not

If the bleeding stopped and the band aid worked let it heal.
If you are on morphine and/ or Ativan (lorazepam) and cutting your self by accident; it may be important not to drive or use a knife while under the influence.

In brief: Probably not

Dr. Sheila Calderon
Dr. Sheila Calderon
Dr. John Fung
Surgery

In brief: Probably not

If you have stopped the bleeding, if you can bend the finger and have sensation throughout the thumb, then keep it clean and covered for a few days.
Hopefully you are up-to-date on your tetanus shot (once every 1o years), if not, you will need that. Watch for evidence of infection, redness or purulent drainage.

In brief: Probably not

Dr. John Fung
Dr. John Fung
Dr. Bret Boyle
Board Certified, Wound care