Will I be able to lead a normal life with only one eye?

Dr. Faramarz Hidaji
Cosmetic Surgery

I have many patients in my practice that lead totally normal lives using only one eye.
If you have lost your vision recently, you probably feel very off balance, and activities requiring intensive rapid eye use like driving will be difficult. But the brain is a remarkably adaptive organ... In no time, using only one eye will feel normal to you. Wear safety glasses when doing risky work though!

Dr. Faramarz Hidaji
Dr. Faramarz Hidaji
Dr. Richard Bensinger
Ophthalmology

In brief: Life with one eye

Assuming the one eye is totally normal, than almost all activities can be engaged in.
Problems will only occur in situations requiring stereo vision such as baseball or seeing 3-d movies. Adjustment takes a while if the loss of the one eye is sudden. Mostly it requires patience.

In brief: Life with one eye

Dr. Richard Bensinger
Dr. Richard Bensinger