I accidentally inhaled activated charcoal. I'm coughing it up and drinking lots of water. Can breathe but it's irritating. What now?

Dr. Jon Aoki
ENT - Head & Neck Surgery

In brief: Self limited cough

I am assuming you inhaled dust particles and not throwing up activated charcoal that you swallowed for poisoning .
The dust particles are inert and probably will do no more than to make you cough for awhile. I would not expect any long term problem. If you inhaled vomitus then you are more in danger of 'aspiration pneumonia' due to the acid that can irritate the lungs. If so go to doctor.

In brief: Self limited cough

In brief: It is too late

to go to ER , as immediate action , that is what you should have done , to make sure the carbon parcel did not damage your respiratory system , did not inhale carbon monoxide .
now only thing to do is to avoid such incidence

In brief: It is too late

Dr. Aaron Milstone
Board Certified, Internal Medicine - Pulmonology