Accidental overuse of tobradex (tobramycin and dexamethasone) eye drops?

Not good. Tobradex (tobramycin and dexamethasone) is an antibiotic/corticosteroid drop used to treat bacterial infection associated with ocular or eyelid inflammation. Overuse of antibiotics can cause growth of resistant strains of bacteria. Overuse of topical steroids can lead to very serious problems, including ulcers of the cornea, glaucoma and cataract formation. It is wise to use this exactly as prescribed by your eye doctor.