Anxiety attack in children, how to help? She's 4yrs old. I don't want to put her on meds but it got bad today, she cried herself to sleep. HELP!

Dr. Aimee Barton

In brief: See a therapist

A good behavioral therapist may be able to help your little one cope with her anxiety without meds.
Good luck!

In brief: See a therapist

Good luck!
Dr. Aimee Barton
Dr. Aimee Barton
Dr. Lily Bhattacharya
Light music, her toys, lavender smells, also telling her fairies/angels/dwarves/whatever imaginary friends she loves/likes guard over her to sleep with help settle her nerves. Let her know she is safe in sleep and protected. Ask her what is wrong. Check for monsters and yes go to a child psychologist for help on this one.
Dr. Anthony Vertino
Clinical Psychology

In brief: Relaxation

Good child therapists can work with children and teach them relaxation therapies that are just as effective as the adult forms.

In brief: Relaxation

Dr. Anthony Vertino
Dr. Anthony Vertino
Dr. Susan Feingold
Clinical Psychology

In brief: Seek child therapist

I agree that medication for a four year old is not first course of action to take.
I would take her to a psychologist what specializes in children, possibly even children's anxiety disorders.

In brief: Seek child therapist

Dr. Susan Feingold
Dr. Susan Feingold
Dr. Cindy Williams

In brief: Anxiety

I would start with counseling.
The therapist will be able to evaluate her and determine the need for medication. If indicated, give the medication a try. I have found it to be very effective, along with therapy. You can always stop it.

In brief: Anxiety

I would start with counseling.
Dr. Cindy Williams
Dr. Cindy Williams
Dr. Shontae Buffington