How can I know that my baby is getting enough to eat?

Dr. Laura Webb
In brief: Satisfied?
Does your baby look satisfied? As babies begin to get full they slow down their sucking and take longer breaks between sucks.
They may even pull away from the breast. Babies who have 6-8 wet diapers a day are well hydrated.

In brief: Satisfied?
Dr. Laura Webb
Dr. Laura Webb
Dr. Stephen Hefler
In brief: Baby knows
Unlike most adults, babies eat when they are hungry.
Often baby will spit the breast or bottle out, or arch her back away from the source or just close her lips. Try burping first to see if it's just a gas bubble that's filled up the stomach. A good idea is to put an extra ounce in the bottle so there's some left at the end. If the breasts feel full before & less so after & baby gains weight-good!

In brief: Baby knows
Dr. Stephen Hefler
Dr. Stephen Hefler
Dr. Shontae Buffington