Is it ok for teen boys to have temper tantrums?

Dr. Derrick Lonsdale
Preventive Medicine
In brief: NO !
Temper tantrums are normal only in infants.
I have seen a teenage boy dive through a plate glass window when reprimanded. Many kick doors and walls and the overwhelming reason for it is dietary mayhem.I have published this in the medica literature and have suggested that school shootings and vandalism are related to high calorie malnutrition, i.e. Junk foods, particularly sweet caffeinated drinks.

In brief: NO !
Dr. Derrick Lonsdale
Dr. Derrick Lonsdale
Dr. Johanna Fricke
Pediatrics - Developmental & Behavioral
In brief: His doctor needs to
know their severity, frequency & nature, if they occur at home & school & impact his or the family's functioning to assess for drug use, mental illness, bullying &/or learning, peer interaction & family system problems.
Negative or positive attention reinforces tantrums. Write a contract of rules & consequences & consistently reinforce them calmly & matter-of-factly, if no pathology exists.

In brief: His doctor needs to
Dr. Johanna Fricke
Dr. Johanna Fricke