Why when I take my vitamins now do they give me heartburn? They never have before..

Dr. Craig Aronchick
Internal Medicine - Gastroenterology

In brief: Burning Vitamins

Please answer the following questions and I will advise: 1.
What Vitamins? 2. Do the vitamins hurt while passing through the swallowing tube.? 3. Does food or liquids get stuck while going down the swallowing tube? 4. Did you ever have an episode where food would not go down. 5. Do you have any nausea? I await your answers . Dr. A

In brief: Burning Vitamins

Dr. Felix Toro
Anti-Aging Medicine

In brief: Read the Ingredients

Many times it is the ingredients that causes the heartburn.
Iron (Fe) is a common culprit. If you do not need the iron, get the MTV w/o it. Sometimes taking them after eating prevents the heartburn. Most of The time is benign. Compare vitamins ingredients. If they are the same, it could be your system that is changing. You may have excessive acid, or something like reflux (GERD), or an ulcer.

In brief: Read the Ingredients

Dr. Adam Smith