I read the Article abt new antibiotics and how cipro (ciprofloxacin) is bad. Should i still take it. Was suppose to take it for lump in neck?

Dr. Stephen Scholand
Internal Medicine - Infectious Disease

In brief: Cipro (ciprofloxacin) antibiotic

Antibiotics have benefits to them that should be balanced against side-effects.
True Cipro (ciprofloxacin) has been in use for sometime, so the germs are getting smarter and can avoid getting killed by them (antibiotic resistance). We definitely need new antibiotics as resistance is becoming such a problem now. For a lump in the neck, I would want to know more about it before I just prescribed the antibiotic.

Dr. Stephen Scholand
Dr. Stephen Scholand
Dr. Keegan Duchicela